For Light Duty & Medium and Heavy Duty Engines
How this works
The key to many of Mechadyne’s technologies is the ability to upgrade the Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) specification with little or no re-design.
This is particularly true for over-head cam engines where simple part substitution allows us to run a cylinder head in three different configurations:
- Fixed type two valvetrain (roller finger followers)
- DuoCam – Flexible camshaft with type two valvetrain (Effective duration and/or swirl control)
- FlexValve – continuously variable lift and duration system (Full VVA flexibility)
Designing a cylinder head with provision for VVA has many advantages:
- Engines in the same production line can be built with different VVA specifications.
- An engine’s VVA specification can change as and when legislation dictates.
- Minimal investment is required for adding a VVA system at a later date.
Click here for a technical paper on the upgrade path.