How this works
The key to many of Mechadyne’s technologies is the ability to upgrade the Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) specification with little or no re-design.
This is particularly true for over-head cam engines where simple part substitution allows us to run a cylinder head in three different configurations:
- Fixed type two valvetrain (roller finger followers)
- Flexible DuoCam camshaft with type two valvetrain (Effective duration and/or swirl control)
- Flexible variable lift and duration system (Full VVA flexibility)
Designing a cylinder head with provision for VVA has many advantages:
- Engines in the same production line can be built with different VVA specifications.
- An engine’s VVA specification can change as and when legislation dictates.
- Minimal investment is required for adding a VVA system at a later date.
Click here for a technical paper on the upgrade path.